Poedjangga's Corner

Welcome to Poedjangga's Corner A place where I can share my thoughts and feelings. I will post them in English or Indonesian, which ever suit my mood, and I hope everyone can ejoy them. *feel free to share anything on this blog, Am I generous?

Sunday, April 22, 2007

~The Fish Story ~

There were only two fish on the table
Not expensive fish I usually eat
nor they were special
they were just plain ordinary mujaer fish

looking at those fish,
we sat across from each other
our love was true
promised to live happily ever after

It wasn't the fish that matter
as they lay still deep fried on the table
nor was the veggies decorating the plate
It was you, and you matter to me most

You gave birth to my daughter
and still carry my future child in your womb
Yet, never have I give a day of my life
just for you, whatever you want me to do, just for you

You obey my order
every detail of it
yet, look at plain ordinary mujaer fish on the table
those I gave you on a sunday lunch

I may be the worst husband of all
But I always give the best of me for you
as I love you
and always will.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally, a poem for me.. :)
you really really never gave me what i want, don't you?
whenever i ask you to make a poem for me, you never make one... indeed, you make a poem about our daughter or anything else...
but this once, when i ask you to make a poem about our daughter, you made one for me...
are we speaking different language, dear?
love you :)

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home