Poedjangga's Corner

Welcome to Poedjangga's Corner A place where I can share my thoughts and feelings. I will post them in English or Indonesian, which ever suit my mood, and I hope everyone can ejoy them. *feel free to share anything on this blog, Am I generous?

Sunday, April 08, 2007

~ The Old Lady on My Grandma's House ~

The old lady begin to speak
round, tan and hardened face
sad eyes with a touch of smile
She is as old as my Grandma

She speaks from the heart
straight to mine like my Grandma used to speak
as she speak with her own grandson
one that she never had

She said,
"Your father sat over there"
"He looked at me"
"said nothing, just looking straight at me"

The old lady begin to tremble
"I asked him, what is it master?"
"He said, no... nothing"
"But he keeps staring at me"

She almost cried
fearing she did something wrong
or displease my father
whom she worked for

I know
I said to myself
I understand
and I thank you for it

My Father
missed my Grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home