Poedjangga's Corner

Welcome to Poedjangga's Corner A place where I can share my thoughts and feelings. I will post them in English or Indonesian, which ever suit my mood, and I hope everyone can ejoy them. *feel free to share anything on this blog, Am I generous?

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

~ On a Holiday ~

We stood there together
In the railway station
on a holiday morning
among thousands of travellers

her eyes were busy
watching people as they go by
studying them one by one
she was excited

a bell rang through the air
she recognized it instantly
she screamed
"Kayak lumah opung... ya?"

second later, a train went through
right in front of us
running without stopping
leaving dust and smoke

she was happy
but it was too short
the train was too fast
"dada... kleta api"

then another train went through
again running without stopping
leaving dust and smoke
and one sad little baby

She said
"kleta api... sini aja..."
"kalin mau pegang dulu ya..."
waving her hand at the run away train

***

She slept soundly in the train
too tired, smile linger on her lips
probably too excited as well

the train ran fast
full of travellers
plus one happy little baby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home