Poedjangga's Corner

Welcome to Poedjangga's Corner A place where I can share my thoughts and feelings. I will post them in English or Indonesian, which ever suit my mood, and I hope everyone can ejoy them. *feel free to share anything on this blog, Am I generous?

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

~ My Empty Belly ~

They say I'm a lucky guy
travel the world far and wide
been here done that
Just to satisfy my empty belly

They say not many men like me
with tons of money
and limitless spare time
Just to satisfy my empty belly

Wise man say
You eat to live
I live to eat
Just to satisfy my empty belly

after hundreds of roasted ducks
after thousands of grilled lambs
and millions of T-bone steaks fiestas
I couldn't yet satisfy my empty belly

***

She is two now
she talk like a grown up
and act like one
she my oldest daughter

she is eating a cheap rice cake
its not the best food around
but she is eating it lusciously
she is eating it appetizingly

she looked at me and walked to me
she tripped and the rice cake fell from her hand
abit dirty, she picked up the rice cake
she looked at me and hand me the rice cake
"Ini untuk daddy"

***

After hundreds of roasted ducks
After thousands of grilled lambs
and millions of T-bone steaks fiestas
a cheap rice cake, with a bit dirt on it
successfuly satisfied my laughing belly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home